Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Friday, May 4, 2012

2011 Timeless Treasures

I found a tin of 2011 Timeless Treasures at Wal-Mart and figured I'd take a crack at it and see what I came up with. Each tin contains five cards. Two are serial numbered "base" cards and the remaining three are relics, autos, or auto-relics. Here's what I got.

Tom Brady Jersey 106/250
If you're going to pull a relic card from outside of your favorite team, you want it to be Brady. He has both a high trade value and a high resale value, so you should be able to get something decent in return.


Chris Johnson Jersey 129/200
Don't know much about Johnson, but he's Tennessee's number one running back, I think, and a pretty deent player. I do like, with this card, how the color scheme matches the team colors and has a similar-colored swatch. 


Allen Bradford Auto 266/299
The autograph is done on a white piece of leather, similar to that of a football. It's nice, but I'd rather it be a tan leather, and thus, more football-like. 


Barry Sanders 320/499
One of the best players of all time at his position. I really like how Panini has a tendency to go black-and-white with their retired player photos. It separates them from the active guys, which I think is a good thing.


Michael Crabtree 79/499
Any 49er fans out there? Don't care for this one too much. Nothing against him, I'm just indeifferent, I guess.


Well, there ya go. Not a horrible product, but for the money spent, to get two single-color jersey swatches and a rookie auto was a bit of a dissapointment. Oh well, they can't all be winners.

2 comments:

  1. I saw a couple of those the other day and was really tempted, but declined. Definitely a hit or miss product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I came to take a
    look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm bookmarking
    and will be tweeting this to my followers! Superb blog and outstanding design and style.
    Here is my site - Tom Brady Youth Jersey

    ReplyDelete