Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

11-12 Panini Preferred Basketball

After decided to shake things up and get myself a non-hockey product from my LCS, my eyes were drawn to an odd-shaped box of Panini Preferred basketball. The box is long, wide, and thin, kind of in the shape of a magazine.

The draw with this product is simple. One four-card box contains three autographed cards and one six-to-eight swatch booklet. I figured with odds like that, I'd be a fool not to try it out, right?

Well, I hit a good one. Here are my hits.

"Inducted" Booklet featuring Larry Bird, Wilt Chamberlain, David Robinson, Julius Erving, Patrick Ewing, Dominique Wilkins, Karl Malone, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.This is an absolutely STUNNING card and not only does it feature eight hall-of-famers, but some REALLY BIG historical names. This would be worth the price of the box alone, but there was more...


Alonzo Mourning Blue Die-Cut Auto 1/15
Of course, the Ebay-1-of-1-ness of the card is cool, but Mourning's cards actually fetch a pretty respectable return on investment. Other copies of this card have sold on Ebay from $50-$100. Not bad at all. Two good hits, but it trails off from there...


Brandon Jennings Red Die-Cut Auto 4/25
Huh?


Darrell Griffith Red Die-Cut Auto 6/74
Who?


No doubt, I hit a pretty good box, but with each one guaranteed to give you some MAJOR hits, this is too good of a product for any basketball fan to pass up. Even casual fans, like me, who only purchase basketball when burnt out on the product they usually get will find a great amount of fun and satisfaction with Preferred.

No comments:

Post a Comment