Search This Blog


Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Here's What 35 Bucks Got Me On Ebay

I had some credit burning a hole in my Paypal account, so I had to do something about it. Here's what I was able to pick up from a seller who I have bought many items from in the past. The grand total ended up being $29.77 plus $5 shipping.


I picked up relic cards of two hall of famers and one future hall of famer. The Campanella was the most expensive card of the lot, but a steal for the $4.03 winning bid. I didn't realize this at the time, but it's serial numbered 6/25. Very cool.



I picked up two Astros relics to possibly trade to Sam at The Daily Dimwit. And even if he doesn't want them, I'd be perfectly happy keeping them in my own collection. The Hollywood relic is a swatch from Bruce Almighty. The back of the card informs the holder that a person named "Jim." wore the shirt. We all know who it is, but it's still funny to see Upper Deck work around those pesky licensing restrictions.


A few Cubs relics are always good, especially at a buck a pop. I like Ramirez, and while I don't care either way for Daryle Ward, those Turkey Red relics look SWEET!


The Jeter refractor and Butera auto have all of the wonderful curviness we have grown to love, but still, they're nice looking cards. The Thome was actually the second most expensive card in the lot, because I (an apparently, the 1 or 2 people I was bidding against) thought it was his rookie. Actually, his official rookie came out a year earlier, but really, does 1991 Bowman count anyway?


I also got a few hockey singles for my player collections, including a Crosby and 5 Lemieuxs. This is what I love about ebay. I live in Houston, Texas, where I would have never SEEN any of these cards otherwise.

Any of these cards (except for the Campanella and the hockey) are up for trade, so hit me up if you're interested.

4 comments:

  1. Me like-y the Astros hits... :-D

    Haha, the "Jim" card is pretty cool... we've got two from Three Kings that were worn by "George"... oh Upper Deck, you sly fellas...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daryle Ward got a relic card?! Who's 'BRILLIANT' idea was that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got the same Jim card. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete