Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Be Sure To Look At Those Cards Carefully

Feeling the hockey fever the other day, I stopped by my local retailer and picked up a blaster of 2011-2012 Upper Deck Victory. This set is basically done as the inexpensive opening issue to the new season, similar to what Topps does with Opening Day. I got a few good cards, like a Sidney Crosby checklist card and a couple of Evgeni Malkin inserts, but my big one almost got by me. I noticed that one of the rookie cards, Flyers defenseman Erik Gustafsson, was a little bit different than the rest. As it turns out, I pulled one of the Victory Black parallels. The odds? Only 1:1440 packs.

Not bad for 10 bucks, eh?


1 comment:

  1. There's something about getting a great card in a retail pack that feels like we "got over" on them.

    ReplyDelete