Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Few Cool Ebay Pickups

Well, I finally did it. I finally got rid of that pesky Frank Robinson/Mike Stanton dual auto relic card that I pulled from Topps Heritage this year. Well, after seven days on the auction block, the card closed out at $250.50. Now, of course, ebay will take their piece of the pie, as will Paypal, but still, there's quite a lot that I can turn the remainder into........including this card.


A triple bat relic card from 2010 Topps Triple Threads. Cost me 30 bucks. Now, yes, it's a sticker auto instead of on-card, and yes, it doesn't contain an on-card auto and four-color patch of one of baseball's hottest young players, but I still have an autographed relic card of the same baseball hall-of-famer, with a lot of Paypal to spare.

Here's a few other beauties I got my hands on:




The bids were starting at $9.99 for the Greenberg and Cepeda, so I figured I'd put one down for each, just to see what would happen, and sure enough, I ended up the only bidder. Don't get me wrong, I was THRILLED to get these cards as cheaply as I did, but I shouldn't be able to buy a, Orlando Cepeda autographed ANYTHING for 10 bucks, let alone a relic card. Even though Alomar played recently, he's still a hall-of-famer, and all three of these are just FANTASTIC cards.

4 comments: