Search This Blog


Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Few Cool Ebay Pickups

Well, I finally did it. I finally got rid of that pesky Frank Robinson/Mike Stanton dual auto relic card that I pulled from Topps Heritage this year. Well, after seven days on the auction block, the card closed out at $250.50. Now, of course, ebay will take their piece of the pie, as will Paypal, but still, there's quite a lot that I can turn the remainder into........including this card.


A triple bat relic card from 2010 Topps Triple Threads. Cost me 30 bucks. Now, yes, it's a sticker auto instead of on-card, and yes, it doesn't contain an on-card auto and four-color patch of one of baseball's hottest young players, but I still have an autographed relic card of the same baseball hall-of-famer, with a lot of Paypal to spare.

Here's a few other beauties I got my hands on:




The bids were starting at $9.99 for the Greenberg and Cepeda, so I figured I'd put one down for each, just to see what would happen, and sure enough, I ended up the only bidder. Don't get me wrong, I was THRILLED to get these cards as cheaply as I did, but I shouldn't be able to buy a, Orlando Cepeda autographed ANYTHING for 10 bucks, let alone a relic card. Even though Alomar played recently, he's still a hall-of-famer, and all three of these are just FANTASTIC cards.

4 comments: