Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Trip to the LCS and a Contest Plug

I had the day off of work today and tons of free time, so a trip to the LCS was in order. I was hoping to pick up a couple of jumbo packs from 2011 Topps baseball. He was all out, but I wasn't going to leave empty handed.

One of my favorite non-baseball sets this year was Topps Prime football. It has vibrant-full color fronts and reminds me of Stadium Club, which is a set I greatly miss. The hobby box there contained 10 packs of 6 cards, with four guaranteed hits per box. The dealer told me only three hits had been pulled, so it was likely that the last remaining pack would contain one. I figured, what the hell, and forked over the cash. Out of the six cards, two were Falcons and two were Steelers, plus I got a Texan insert of Ben Tate. I did get a hit, which turned out to be a jersey swatch of Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders numbered 42/420.


I also found a jersey card of Cubs hall-of-famer Billy Williams. The only catch was that it is from his Oakland days toward the end of his career. Still, a Cubs hall-of-famer is a Cubs hall-of-famer, and for only six bucks, I'm willing for it to be green instead of blue.


For all you contest fans out there, a fantastic giveaway is taking place over at Things Are Funner Here. Up for grabs is $50 store credit toward anything at CSN Stores. As a bonus, there will also be 2nd and 3rd place prizes, so check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment