Search This Blog


Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hey Mr. Postman

Well, it's been quite a week for me. I got a few trades and purchases in the mail, but me being my lazy self, I wanted to wait until they all came in to do one bulk post on the whole thing.

First on the agenda is a trade I made with William at Foul Bunt. I saw his 2011 Topps Ernie Banks SP and immediately laid claim. I swapped him the Frank Robinson from 2010 for a quick and easy 1-for-1






I also received in the mail the consolation prize from a contest at Puck Junk revolving around the NHL All Star Game. Every one who entered got something in return and I was happy to find hologram cards fron the 1992 All Star Game of Ray Bourque and Cam Neely.





The next two cards are ebay purchases. The first is a rookie card of former Minnesota Twins star Kent Hrbek. My dad is a huge Minnesota sports fan and growing up, he was the second biggest player (both in star power and actual size) on the Twins next to Kirby Puckett. This was actually an auction from a fellow blogger, but I can't remember who it is. Either way, if anyone wants to see what else he has up for grabs, go here.



Lastly, I picked up, for just 5 bucks shipped, a cool-looking Alfonso Soriano triple relic card (numbered 8/36) from 2007 Triple Threads. The swatches, I believe, are a piece of bat and two from the shoes. The one on the left, obviously, is the mesh from the exterior, but the peach colored swatch on the right is a bit of a mystery. Most likely, it comes somewhere from the inside of the shoe.





Anyway, that's all for now. Good night and happy trading!

No comments:

Post a Comment