Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Finally Got Me Some 2011 Topps

After reading post after post of various bloggers busting packs of 2011 Topps, I HAD to get some for myself. On the way home from work, I picked up four rack packs and a blaster from my local Wal-Mart.

Now, I'm usually a set collector, especially with Topps' main issue, and I know that the blasters are horrible for that purpose, but I LOVE the manu-patch cards Topps puts out. I pulled a few from 2010 and I think they are really good looking cards and add a little bit extra to the collection. Last year's issue had players from the past (and a few from the present) along with a patch related to an All-Star Game or World Series they played in. 2011 goes in a different direction, taking present-day players alongside a "throwback" patch of their team. My blaster gave me an Evan Longoria. A great player, but it does seem weird that a team which has only existed 13 years has a "throwback" logo.


There's also a special diamond anniversary parallel that appears to be seeded one-per-pack, whi9ch quite a few people seem to be going after. While I didn't get anything special here, I did get a Stephen Strasburg Wal-Mart black bordered card. Now that Strasburg-mania has died down, I'm getting these cards all over the place.


There are also a couple of other inserts I'll be collecting. The Kimball minis look amazing, and should be a fairly easy set to complete, and just like last year's CYMTO, the 60 Years of Topps cards will be a fun set to complete, as will the similar Lost Cards set.







Those all came from the blaster, and here's what I pulled from the rack packs










No comments:

Post a Comment