Search This Blog


Wednesday, January 6, 2016

3/6 Marc-Andre Fleury Namesakes Cards from 2013-14 Panini Prime

While perusing Ebay a while back, I came across a Pittsburgh Penguins mini goalie mask, autographed by Marc-Andre Fleury. Everything looked legit with it, and the bidding price was still low, so I decided to go for it. I ended up winning, and the best part is that as a "bonus," the item also included three autographed Manesakes cards from 2013-14 Panini Prime.

These cards feature a manufactured letter patch meant to represent the player's name plate, are numbered /25, and are autographed right on the letter. This one in particular is designed to resemble the nameplate on the back of the 2011 Winter Classic jerseys that would also become the team's alternate jerseys for the next two years. The letters I got were F (12/25), L (10/25), and U (25/25).

Here's a look at the cards:



Now, I'm not sure is there are only 25 cards total of all the letters, or if each letter has 25 copies, but either way, now that I'm halfway there, I have to complete this set.

No comments:

Post a Comment