Search This Blog


Sunday, November 24, 2013

Six Rookies for a Buck

Well, I'm certainly on a posting slump. After two whole months of daily postings, I've put together a grand total of THREE so far in November. This will be #4. I've always found that when I get in some serious daily post streaks, once I break them, I break them hard. I don't know if it's burn out, a lack of time, or just plain laziness. Either way, I've still been keeping track of my new acquisitions, and have them set aside to write on. In the hopper currently, I have 15 posts in rough drat stages, which include two trades, two box breaks of 2013-14 Select, one box break of 2013-14 Upper Deck Series 1, the results of my six-card Panini redemption replacement request, and plenty of new Dominion hockey cards, not to mention whatever else I get my hands on in the next couple of weeks. I just need to buckle down and hammer these babies out.  

Anyway, here's a look at an EXTREMELY affordable group of rookies that I acquired off of Ebay. All six came together for the ridiculous price of $1.04 + $3.99 shipping. From 2005-06 Upper Deck Victory, I have rookies of Alex Ovechkin, Henrik Lundqvist, Max Talbot, Ryan Getzlaf, Jimmy Howard, and Brent Seabrook.


This just goes to show how loaded a "double rookie class" like this year's can be. Apart from these six great players, 2005-06 also gave us rookies of Sidney Crosby, Mike Richards, Dion Phaneuf, Corey Perry, Alexander Steen, Zach Parise, Cam Ward, Duncan Keith, Jeff Carter, Mikko Koivu, Ryan Suter, Thomas Vanek, Jussi Jokinen, and Mike Green.

1 comment: