Search This Blog


Wednesday, November 27, 2013

2013-14 Upper Deck Series 1 Box Break

With the release of 2013-14 Upper Deck Series 1, I had to at least give my hands on one box and have the opportunity to acquire some of the most prestigious rookie cards of this year's "Double Rookie Class." As far as non-autographed rookie cards go, the Young Guns cards that Upper Deck produces are definitely the ones to get. They are all short-printed, but at a rate of six per box, they are still obtainable.

Anyway, each box contains 24 packs of 8 cards, six of which will be Young Guns rookie cards. As far as hits go, there are guaranteed to be two game-used jersey cards, and case hits include Signature Sensations and Clear Cut cards.

Here's a video of the break, with scans to follow:


Pittsburgh Penguins Base Cards: Sidney Crosby, James Neal, Kris Letang, Chris Kunitz, Brooks Orpik


Young Guns: Ryan Murray, Mikhail Grigorenko, Cory Conacher, Nathan Beaulieu, Joakim Nordstrom, Damien Brunner


Canvas: Patrik Elias, David Legwand, Teddy Purcell, Brian Elliott


Hockey Heroes 1980s: Patrick Roy, Peter Stastny


MVP: Sidney Crosby, Roberto Luongo, PK Subban, Ron Francis, Nathan Beaulieu


Shining Stars: Pavel Datsyuk, Nazem Kadri


Case Hit: Clear Cut Stoppers - Roberto Luongo


UD Game Jersey: Ray Bourque, Taylor Hall


That's it for this box. I didn't want to get too wordy about it, so I just kind of let the cards speak for themselves. I am working on the set, though, so check out my needs list and see if you have any to spare. Other than that, all the inserts and hits are up for trade, so if anything catches your eye, feel free to let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Matt, you got a decent box!

    I have these base you need:
    72, 77, 133, 158, 162

    I am interested in trading for your Murray, Beaulieu and Brunner YG, and Hall GU.

    I sent you an email about some cards I'm interested in, too.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete