Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Monday, November 18, 2013

2010-11 Panini Zenith Box Break

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a box of 2010-11 Panini Zenith from my LCS at a discounted price. Zenith was a one-and-done product from Panini, and the fact that two weeks went by without me feeling the need to brag about what I pulled, should tell you all you need to know about how good of a box I had.

Anyway, here's the video of the break:


I did, at least, manage to pull three Penguins: Marc-Andre Fleury, Kris Letang, and Jordan Staal. I already have the Sidney Crosby base card from this set for my Sidney Crosby Collection, so not pulling him wasn't as big of a disappointment as it would have been otherwise.


As far as parallels go, I pulled a Trevor Gillies Rookie numbered 704/999, which isn't really a parallel, but the Ruby Teemu Selanne is. I also pulled a variety of inserts, with a Ryan Malone Gifted Grinders, Jonathan Toews Z-Team, Joe Thornton Chasing the Cup, Carey Price Crease is the Word, and a Ryan Malone/Victor Hedman/Steven Stamkos Mosaics.


My three hits were an autographed rookie card of Eric Wellwood, a Rookie Roll Call jersey card of Anders Lindback, and a Winter Warriors jersey card of Zach Bogosian. Nothing too special, but at least I got some fodder for my Trade Bait folder.


Lastly, I pulled a jumbo-sized box-topper of Henrik Lundqvist. Not a bad one at all, but upon further research, I discovered that each one of these jumbo cards were "Dare to Tear" cards. Basically, inside of each of these jumbo cards is a regular-sized one, which could be an insert, or it could be an autograph. Well, I hate trying to store these over-sized pieces of cardboard, so I ripped it open.


The card inside was an Epix insert of Henrik Zetterberg. It wasn't exactly a disappointment, but I am a bigger fan of Lundqvist, so I would have been better off leaving that card intact, but those are the chances we take.


This definitely wasn't the best box of cards I have ever opened. It may have just been my bad luck, but it left me feeling as though my money would have been better spent elsewhere. I won't get too down about it, though. I've had enough good luck this year to more than make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment