Search This Blog


Monday, November 18, 2013

2010-11 Panini Zenith Box Break

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a box of 2010-11 Panini Zenith from my LCS at a discounted price. Zenith was a one-and-done product from Panini, and the fact that two weeks went by without me feeling the need to brag about what I pulled, should tell you all you need to know about how good of a box I had.

Anyway, here's the video of the break:


I did, at least, manage to pull three Penguins: Marc-Andre Fleury, Kris Letang, and Jordan Staal. I already have the Sidney Crosby base card from this set for my Sidney Crosby Collection, so not pulling him wasn't as big of a disappointment as it would have been otherwise.


As far as parallels go, I pulled a Trevor Gillies Rookie numbered 704/999, which isn't really a parallel, but the Ruby Teemu Selanne is. I also pulled a variety of inserts, with a Ryan Malone Gifted Grinders, Jonathan Toews Z-Team, Joe Thornton Chasing the Cup, Carey Price Crease is the Word, and a Ryan Malone/Victor Hedman/Steven Stamkos Mosaics.


My three hits were an autographed rookie card of Eric Wellwood, a Rookie Roll Call jersey card of Anders Lindback, and a Winter Warriors jersey card of Zach Bogosian. Nothing too special, but at least I got some fodder for my Trade Bait folder.


Lastly, I pulled a jumbo-sized box-topper of Henrik Lundqvist. Not a bad one at all, but upon further research, I discovered that each one of these jumbo cards were "Dare to Tear" cards. Basically, inside of each of these jumbo cards is a regular-sized one, which could be an insert, or it could be an autograph. Well, I hate trying to store these over-sized pieces of cardboard, so I ripped it open.


The card inside was an Epix insert of Henrik Zetterberg. It wasn't exactly a disappointment, but I am a bigger fan of Lundqvist, so I would have been better off leaving that card intact, but those are the chances we take.


This definitely wasn't the best box of cards I have ever opened. It may have just been my bad luck, but it left me feeling as though my money would have been better spent elsewhere. I won't get too down about it, though. I've had enough good luck this year to more than make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment