Search This Blog


Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Some MAJOR Ebay Wins

Well, I had a pretty good week on ebay. Most of the time, I try pick up some trade bait along with my keepers, but these are all mine. Two orders were placed, and for a RIDICULOUSLY low price, I was able to get my hands on TEN autographed Chicago Cubs cards.

The first order was for an autographed card from 1999 Hillshire Farms Home Run Heroes. There were three cards in the set, all of them autographed. Banks was joined by Frank Robinson and Harmon Killebrew. The interesting thing behind this, was that I didn't even win the auction. I placed the opening bid of $5 with one day left. I wasn't able to get online as the auction was closing, and I lost, with it ending at somewhere around $12. One day later, I received a second-chance offer to purchase the item for my $5 bid, plus $2 for shipping. SEVEN DOLLARS!!! ERNIE BANKS!!! ON-CARD AUTO!!!

SOLD!!!


The next auction was for a 9-card lot of autographed Cubs cards. Most of these kinds of auctions are just for scrubs that can't be sold on their own, but there were quite a few good ones in here. Like the Banks, I placed the opening bid. It was set at $9.99 plus $4 shipping, so I place an $11 max, to even the total at $15. After the auction ended, that proved to be a wise decidion, as it closed right at $11 + $4. Here's what I got:


2008 Triple Threads Auto/Triple Jersey Carlos Marmol 65/75
2007 Exquisite Rookie Signatures Auto Carlos Zambrano 12/15
2005 Cracker Jack Auto Angel Guzman


2011 Topps Finest Auto Andrew Cashner
2011 Gypsy Queen Auto Andrew Cashner
2011 Topps Auto Carlos Pena
2010 Bowman Auto D.J. LeMahieu
2009 O-Pee-Chee Auto Sean Marshall
2011Topps Auto Marlon Byrd

The two big ones, obviously, are the triple relic of their closer, Carlos Marmol, and an incredibly low serial-numbered (/15) card of their talented, albeit insane, pitcher, Carlos Zambrano. Just those two would be worth that 15 bucks. Everything else, I see as a bonus. Also, I think I'm the LAST person to acquire that Andrew Cashner Gypsy Queen auto. Not sure what took me so long.

So, 10 autos, including one hall-of-famer, acquired for a grand total of.......

22 DOLLARS!!!!!

Not bad at all.

4 comments:

  1. Nice haul. I pulled two of that scrub Cashner in the same week. Fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome find! I loves me a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cach tam trang ken tam la mot trong nhung cong nghe moi nhat giup ton len nhan sac cua chi em mot cach tuyet voi. Voi hi vong co duoc 1 lan da trang sang tu nhien thi day chac chan la mot phuong phap ma chung ta co the tim hieu ngay hom nay. Mot so trang de cac ban co the tim hieu ngay:
    - https://www.linkedin.com/in/tamtrangkentam/
    - tam trang ken tam thai doc da
    - tumblr.com
    - thai doc lan da bang cach tam trang
    - yolasite.com

    ReplyDelete