Search This Blog


Monday, December 1, 2014

A Bunch of Cards from Ebay Part 4: Celebrity Autos

While I usually don't stray very far at all away from sports when it comes to my card-buying, I did find a couple non-sports autographs at some pretty amazing prices. There are some pretty big names here, and each of them was purchased for a mere $2-$5 each.

2013 Leaf Mario Lopez
I may be dating myself here, but I mostly remember Lopez from an endless steam of "Saved By the Bell" reruns that I watched at home growing up. He's the one actor from that show who has really held on to a strong career, and is now currently hosting "Extra."


2013 Topps 75 Tyler Mane
This one comes from the guy who played Sabretooth in the original "X-Men" movie. He is a former professional wrestler, going under the name "Big Sky," while in WCW, and apart from Sabretooth, is mostly known for playing Michael Myers in the two Rob Zombie "Halloween" reboots.


2013 Leaf Pop Century Helen Reddy
Helen Reddy became a feminist icon with her song, "I Am Woman."  That song, along with "Delta Dawn" and "Angie Baby" all reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, and she also had eight songs reach No. 1 in the adult contemporary category.


2012 Leaf Pop Century Kara Dioguardi
Dioguardi is an incredibly successful songwriter and producer, and has written songs with Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson, Gwen Stefani, Pink, Meat Loaf, and Carrie Underwood, among others. For two years, she served as a judge on American Idol, seasons eight and nine, which saw victories by Kris Allen and Lee DeWyze.


I'm not sure if anyone else thinks these are cool in the least bit, but I think they are, and that's all that really matters to me. Next up, I'll close this group out with some trade bait and a Texan.

No comments:

Post a Comment