Search This Blog


Wednesday, November 19, 2014

What It Takes to Get Me to Trade a Sidney Crosby Autograph

So, if anyone was wondering what it would take for a Sidney Crosby collector to trade away one of his Crosby autographs, here's what it took to get me to part ways with one of mine: a Prime Signatures card of Crosby from 2013-14 Prime, numbered 6/50.


Now, before we begin, a couple tings to keep in mind:

-This was a redemption, and not only that, but one I purchased, so there isn't any sentimental attachment that goes along with pulling it fresh from a pack.
-I have the Prime Signatures cards from 2011-12 and 2012-13, but both of those are the /5 parallel, so I'd rather have the /5 from 2013-14 anyway.
-The card has been selling on Ebay for a very reasonable price, so I will have plenty of other opportunities to purchase another copy of this card.

With all that in mind, here's what it took to pry that card out of my hands:

 2008-09 Trilogy Jonathan Toews Young Star Scripts

2008-09 Trilogy Patrick Kane Young Star Scripts

2013-14 National Treasures Ron Francis/Keith Primeau/Eric Staal/Cam Ward Quad Auto 31/50

2013-14 National Treasures Aleksander Barkov Rookie Booklet 8/99

2013-14 National Treasures Jacob Trouba Rookie Booklet 41/99

2013-14 National Treasures Pat LaFontaine Dual Mem

2013-14 National Treasures Bryan Trottier Dual Mem

2012-13 Certified Tyler Seguin Fabric of the Game Jersey 14/75
2013-14 Totally Certified Carl Soderberg Rookie Roll Call Jersey
2013-14 National Treasures Joonas Rask Rookie Auto 11/99

Maybe it's all subjective, but I end up with autographs from three hall-of-famers, plus early-career autos from two of the game's hottest players, as well as a few cards for my trade bait that have the potential to get me a few really great cards for my collection. It allowed me to get my hands on some great cardboard of players I don't normally give a lot of hobby-related attention to, and all I had to do was send off a card that shouldn't be too difficult to get another copy of.

4 comments:

  1. I don't collect hockey, but this seems like a legit HAUL for that Crosby. Nice deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did more than well! Was this trade made at knife point? Were hostages required? You did amazing Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you getting me some Hawks trade bait. :)

    Seriously, that is a hell of a great haul.

    ReplyDelete