Search This Blog


Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Facebook Trade #8: Patrick Kane Autograph

A month or so ago, I requested a replacement for a Vince Lecavalier 2013-14 Dominion Autographed Patch card. In return, I got an autographed Wendel Clark card from 2011-12 Limited. To be honest, I was a bit disappointed in the replacement. Both players are former first-overall draft picks, but the Lecavalier is from Dominion, has a patch, and is numbered /99. The Clark, on the other hand, not from Panini's high-end product, has no memorabilia piece, and is numbered /199.

The story does have a happy ending, though, as I was able to trade the Clark for this card:


After getting the Clark, I posted it on a Hockey Card Facebook Group that I am a part of. What I underestimated, though, was how much interest a Wendel Clark card would bring, as I had a number of offers for the card, but I agreed to trade it to Duane J., 1-for-1, for this card.

What we have here is a Patrick Kane autographed card from 2013-14 Score. I believe, though, that the card was actually one of the updates inserted into packs of 2013-14 Rookie Anthology. I'm not sure why something like this couldn't have made it in the original release, but hey, this way it was pulled by someone who was able to put it into my hands, so no complaints here.

3 comments:

  1. I
    hate
    you.

    Well, I would, except for the 8x10 I got recently of Kaner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great deal, and nice card! I too am very jealous of BOTH of you! Hey Jeff was that 8x10 a TTM auto because Kaner ignored my request and I am a little sad not to have my Ovation Rookie of his!

      Delete
  2. Nice card. Shoot me an email about the stedman card at kgilland01 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete