Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Cubs/Red Sox Trade - Just My Damn Luck

A couple of Days ago, I got a hobby box of 2012 Gypsy Queen from my LCS. I was happy to discover that one of my guaranteed autographed cards was a Cub, Marlon Byrd. Now, he's not one of the biggest players available, but anytime you van get a hit of someone from your favorite team, that's a good thing, right?


Well, sure enough, just DAYS after I pull this card, the Cubs swing a deal with the Red Sox to send Byrd to Boston in exchange for pitcher Michael Bowden. Hey, it sucks, but these things happen.

Except......guess whose auto/jersey rookie card I JUST got rid of on ebay last month.

Yeah, you guessed it.


(sigh.......)

2 comments:

  1. Poor Marlon -- last to last. Well not exactly poor --6 mil this year. Who would you rather play for, Dale Sveum or Bobby V?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice idea.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete