Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Monday, April 2, 2012

2012 Topps Tribute - One More Pack

Okay, once more I decided to give 2012 Topps Tribute a shot. Maybe it's a gimmick, but I REALLY like the encased hits. Even though it's basically the same type of stuff they have done before with autos & relics, it just SEEMS like a better hit when it comes in a sealed case.

I had some EXTREMELY good luck with the hockey cards I bought that day (post here) and while my Tribute luck wasn't quite as good, it wasn't the worst pack, either. Here's the results, with a VERY familiar face as the hit.

Base: Willie McCovey, Ty Cobb, Matt Holliday


Serial-Numbered Parallel: Hanley Ramirez 102/299


Hit: Mike Stanton Auto 46/50


Seriously, I should become a Mike Stanton collector with the amount of hits I pull of his. There's the EPIC pull from 2011 Heritage (here), plus a low-numbered jersey and serial-numbered parallel from the same pack of 2012 Tribute (here). That being said, Stanton has a sweet-looking signature and this is a beautiful looking card. If only I was a Marlins collector, I'd be having A LOT of fun with Tribute.

5 comments:

  1. I like the base cards. They look pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have the same luck with Hank Blalock. I almost ALWAYS pulled a Blalock hit with each hobby box I busted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't be so bad if it was Pujols, but no, I get Mike Stanton.

      Delete
  3. you would to trade for it just let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Dawson auto i could send you for the Stanton

    ReplyDelete