Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Contest Winnings from Play at the Plate

I was lucky enough to win a contest from Brian at Play at the Plate this month, and due to a mix-up, I got a much better package than originally expected. The contest I won was based on those $5 cello-packs that contain a few hall of famers, but mostly commons from the junk wax era, but what I got was a jumbo pack of 2007 Upper Deck and a jumbo packs of Topps 2010 Update. While the Upper Deck pack gave me nothing more than a Scott Kazmir to add to my PC, the Topps Update pack was FANTASTIC!

It was my first pack of update so far, but it got me off to a good start. It got me my first Strasburg (who I'm not convinced won't be this generation's Brien Taylor) as well as my first Kerry Wood in a Yankees uniform, which is almost as short-lived as Lance Berkman in a Yankees uniform. It also got me my second SP of a baseball legend in Reggie Jackson (the first being Brooks Robinson).


I also redeemed this card from MCG:

Which I then traded for this one:



Another card to add to my vintage Cubs collection.

1 comment: