Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Are You Ready for Some Football!!!

After not getting too much into football cards the past few years, I decided to dive back into it over the summer. For one, I really enjoyed the Topps set this year, especially with the Million Card Giveaway. I didn't get anything of note out of 11 tries, and nothing earlier than 1986. Oh well, it was worth a try.  I did, however, nab a few hits. Out of a blaster box, I pulled an Arrelious Benn Throwback patch, and had a few jumbo pack pulls, including a Gold Sam Bradford, a Ben Tate jersey and autos of Mohamed Massaquoi and Carlton Mitchell. The Texan is mine, but any of these others are available for trade.


I also decided to sample a few Panini products, including a box of Classics. Four hits were promised out of 24 packs, and I was extremely satisfied with what I found. With the parallels, I discovered a Drew Brees Timeless Tributes and Santonio Holmes Dress Code, both numbered to 25 and a Jacoby Ford Timeless Tributes Rookie, numbered to 99. The two autos were of Packers rookie James Starks and a Classis Cut of Alex Agase, who played in the 40s and 50s before becoming coach at Northwestern University, I think. Despite not being too familiar with Agase, I was thrilled with my first ever cut signature pull.was also pleasantly surprised with my jersey pulls, an Eli Manning Monday Night Heroes jersey and a Julius Peppers Flashback Fabrics Prime jersey patch. Both are fantastic looking cards, espeially the Peppers, with the colorful Panthers fabric.



Lastly, I decided to buy a few packs of Threads, also from Panini. While I wasn't as in love with the base design as I was with Classics, they still have a nice look to them if you just want to bust open a few packs. As far as the base set goes I found a rookie of Donald Butler and a base of Josh Cribbs, numbered to 25. I also opened up an auto of Steelers rookie Antonio Brown and a Rookie Class autographed letter of Panthers quarterback Jimmy Claussen.


As always, let me know if you are interested in any of these.

2 comments:

  1. Some nice pulls. I would surely be interested in the Brees and Eli Manning cards. I can find some Cubs for you or send me any other want lists you may have. Who do you collect in football? Shoot me an e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though Peppers turned his back on the Panthers, I'd be interested in that card...possibly the Clausen card as well.

    ReplyDelete