Search This Blog


Friday, July 7, 2017

Willson Contreras Quad Relic Card with Mystery Relic Pieces

A couple months ago, I really fell in love with 2017 Diamond Kings after picking up a couple boxes at my LCS. I thought the designs were great, the inserts look phenomenal, and the hits really gave me a good bang for my buck.

I also began looking on Ebay for some affordable hits that I could add to my collection. I found some great cards at some great prices, but what really sparked my curiosity was this quad-relic card of Chicago Cubs catcher Willson Contreras. It's from the Diamond Deco insert set and is numbered 30/49.


I can easily identify the wooden bat piece, and the solid white fabric as part of his uniform, but what really drew me to this was the two swatches of black and white fabric, that are a little tougher for me to identify and origin. I can't tell exactly what kind of fabric the white part of it is, but the black part has a little bit of a rubbery feel, as is whatever it is, it is used for a grip, or to hold the item in place better. Maybe a batting glove, or the waistband of his pants? Jock strap?

If anyone has any theories, feel free to let me know.

2 comments:

  1. Well... that's different. Wonderful looking card though! Hope you figure out what those swatches are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would guess glove or possibly the soft part of shoes. Just a guess though. Neat relics!

    ReplyDelete