Search This Blog


Thursday, April 20, 2017

2 Packs of 2016 WWE Undisputed

Well, I went into my LCS a few days ago, fully expecting to purchase a couple boxes of the new Gypsy Queen release, but unfortunately, they were all sold out. I was still in a buying mood, though, and found a Plan B, which ended up being a different two boxes of baseball (2017 Donruss & 2017 Diamond Kings), and I even had enough left over for a couple packs of 2016 WWE Undisputed.

Undisputed is about as high-end as Topps gets when it comes to its WWE products, but is still pretty affordable. A full box contains 10 packs of 5 cards at around $260, and when you factor in that each of those packs contain a hit, and 8/10 are autographs, it's an incredible value.

I figured it was a good shot to take for two packs, so I went for it. Of the five cards in each pack, one is the hit, one is a serial-numbered parallel, and three are base cards. Here's a pack-by-pack breakdown of what I got:

Pack 1
Base: Seth Rollins, Junkyard Dog, Two-Man Power Trip


Parallel: Ultimate Warrior Blue 6/25


Hit: Natalya Autograph 132/299


Pack 2
Base: The Miz, Eddie Guerrero, Sami Zayn


Parallel: Michael P.S. Hayes Silver 15/50


Hit: Braun Strowman Autograph 18/50


For two packs at $25 each, I would say I did amazingly well. The cards look great, and are on a thick cardstock. The wretler's image on the front is glossy on front of the matte background, which really makes them stand out, and it has just the right amount of foil.

The hits were both great, too. Of course, the quality of wrestler varies, but I got two good ones. Natalya is the daughter of Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, and part of the Hart family. She has been wrestling for WWE for nearly a decade, and is a former Divas Champion. Strowman is a rising star with the company, and in his short time on the main roster has catapulted himself to one of the top spots on Monday night Raw. Since departing the Wyatt Family, he is in the mix with the very best on Monday night, including Brock Lesnar, Roman Reigns, Goldberg, and the Big Show, and is likely a future champion.

That's it for these two packs. I haven't fully immersed myself into this product yet, but based on what I'm seeing here, I might just have to go all-in when 2017 Undisputed gets released in June.

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen any of these Undisputed cards in hand, but they do look nice. Surprised they still used the "Divas" brand on the card since they've moved away from that now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. It seems so long ago, but it was just WM 32 when they switched, and maybe the cards were already designed before that happened.

      Delete