Search This Blog


Monday, January 9, 2017

Marc-Andre Fleury Autographed Patch Card from 2015-16 The Cup

I have, so far, opened up two tins of Upper Deck's super high-end product, The Cup. The first one was the 2012-13 release, and then again for 2014-15. It is a very pricey product, with some major hits in it, and the most valuable rookie cards you will find all year. I might have to sit this year out, though, as Connor McDavid's rookie year has jumped the price up to $700 for a six-card tin. Yikes!

Still, you can pick up some singles for a pretty decent price, and I was able to grab my first one with this Marc-Andre Fleury autographed patch card


This card comes from the Limited Logos set and it serial numbered 16/50. It is signed right on the card, and features a large piece of the patch from the front of the sweater. I suppose the idea of "Limited Logos" is to be sure that the patch is from the actual team logo, instead of a number. Once I saw this card, I just had to have it, especially considering the patch. It comes from the skate of the penguin, and there is a great amount of detail shown here. Some patches are better than others, but as far as this team goes, it doesn't get too much better than this.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! That is super cool. Fleury has been great this past month. Nice to have that kind of experience around Murray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Top notch patch there. Fleury has been a great goaltender for the Pens for so long despite the emergence of Murray, I am sure any Pens fan would appreciate that beauty.

    ReplyDelete