Search This Blog

Group Break entries are now closed, the boxes have been ordered and secondary teams have been randomized. Follow THIS LINK for final team assignments.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Three Packs of 2015 Diamond Kings

So, yeah, I just looked at my post history and realized I haven't put anything up in about 3 months. Yikes! I would say I haven't bought a whole lot in a while, which is kind of true, but I could always come up with something to write. Maybe I've just gotten lazy. Who knows.

Anyway, here I am, and while I haven't been buying a whole lot as of late, I did make a stop by my LCS last week and picked up a few packs of a product that kind of intrigued me: 2015 Panini Diamond Kings. 

I've always liked the Diamond Kings cards, back from when they were simply card #s 1-26 in each year's Donruss set, so strictly for nostalgia's sake, I had to at leas get myself a sample. Here's the accumulation of my three packs.

Veterans: Miguel Cabrera, Adrian Beltre, Adam Jones, Adrian Gonzalez, David Ortiz, Garrett Richards, Jose Fernandez


Rookies: Jorge Soler, Matt Barnes, Buck Farmer, Gary Brown, Steven Moya, Dalton Pompey, Anthony Ranaudo


Retired: Roger Maris, Lefty Gomez, Lloyd Waner, Sam Crawford, Nellie Fox, Elston Howard, Paul Waner


Parallel: Framed Bobby Murcer


Insert: Jimmie Foxx HOF Sluggers


Hit: Hunter Harvey Mini Jersey 10/99


Not bad for just three packs. The cards all look great, even for an unlicensed product. I do think that the painted pictures for each player somehow make the logo-less uniforms much less awkward. Really, this is the first 2015 baseball product I have purchased apart from buying into a case break of Heritage, but I think I may just have to test out the waters on this one a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment